Writers’ Clearinghouse: A manuscript evaluation service designed to empower authors

I am pleased to present this special offer on behalf of our new sponsor, Writer’s Clearinghouse!

~Heather

Hello, WriMos!

We’re new to the NaNoWriMo scene this year, and are excited to get to know about the projects you’re working on! We’re right here with you—several of our team members have pledged to participate and win in 2019.

What is Writers’ Clearinghouse?
Our mission is to clear your path to publication by showing you if you’re ready—and if not, what you need to do to get there.

We are writers, former editors, and agents. We evaluate manuscripts so you know exactly where you’ve succeed and where you need to keep working. Our evaluations cover 20 categories in 5 main areas: Plot, Setting, Character, Voice, and Grammar. The best part? It’s low cost (typically less than a day at a conference), and we complete our evaluations in two weeks or less.

The best way to get to know what we offer is to see it. Here’s a link to a sample evaluation:

And if you have two minutes, take a look at this video for a short description of how we work with both authors and agents to help authors not only improve their writing, but also improve the entire process of finding an agent:

Our Offer:
A WCH evaluation is already very affordable – just $50 plus $4 per every 1,000 words (that’s only $250 for a 50,000 word NaNoWriMo winning novel). It’s meant to be inexpensive because we know that investing money in an edit is a big deal, and we want every author to be able to get professional feedback. And we’re making it even easier for NaNoWriMo users this year. All participants will get 25% off a full manuscript evaluation (less than $200 for that 50,000 word novel).
Not ready for a full evaluation but want to make sure you’re on the right track? Ready to submit to agents and want to make sure you’re maximizing your opportunity? We offer evaluations of your FIRST10 pages for only $20. And we’ll review your query letter for the same price. Can you afford to NOT do that?

Finally, we have a special prize in store for everyone who wins, so keep writing.

The bottom line is, we’re here to help you improve your work so you know if it’s ready for the professionals to see. Then we make sure those professionals will see the best possible representation of that work.

When I go to writers’ conferences, the number one question I am always asked is: how do I know if my book is ready to submit? There wasn’t really a great answer to that question, and that’s why we started WCH. So if you’re ready to look for representation, we can tell you if you’re ready, and if so, who to target (we forgot to mention our free agent database with details on hundreds of agents). And if we feel like you need to focus a bit more on any aspect of your novel, we give you the insights you need to get it ready to submit.

We love connecting with our community, so please reach out if you have questions, or even if you just want to chat! We can’t wait to get to know each and every one of you.

3 Likes