The Slytherin Common Room

Welcome to the Slytherin Common Room. Our House is deep in the dungeons and we are surrounded by the Great Lake. Look out of the windows, and see the magnificent water creatures swimming out there. Or come sit by the fire and enjoy some hot cocoa with whipped cream, it chases away the chills.

Do come in, my fellow Slytherins.

4 Likes

Who needs towers, anyway?

Towers are for long lost princesses and the foolhardy knights who think they can save them.

For being a Hufflepuff, I have a surprisingly deep love of Slytherin. Swing by our Common Room whenever you need comfort food, my friends. :wink:

5 Likes

Somewhere there exists a comic with a princess in a tower and a dragon to guard her, and a knight comes to rescue her, and the dragon listens to him shout and tells the princess he doesn’t sound kind, so the princess tells her dragon friend to make him go away.

I can’t remember if this ends when the princess thanks the dragon or if it’s one of the ones where a lesbian knight shows up, though.

2 Likes

Towers have too many stairs anyway…

@a-random-dunedain Thank you for the invite, I at least will drop by at some point. I also bave to say that I have deep love for Hufflepuffs, for being a Slytherin. I’ve always thought that the greatest friendships are formed between Slytherins and Hufflepuffs. I mean, two of my IRL friends are Hufflepuffs so… :grin:

2 Likes

Great to see fellow house members!

@Zairah I agree! Most of us Slytherins need their companion Hufflepuffs. My friends are fifty-sixty Slytherins and Hufflepuffs, and union between these two houses is perfect. Puffs keep Snakes down and happy, we Snakes keep 'em happy and safe.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, I’m surrounded by Gryffindors…including my own boyfriend :sweat_smile: though he’s very relaxed about the house differences, and he says green is a nicer colour anyway :wink:

And I always say the world needs more Hufflepuffs, especially my sister who has a heart of gold.

2 Likes

I’m actually the only Slytherin in my group of friends. Three Gryffindors, two Hufflepuffs and at least on Ravenclaw, maybe two.

And world definitely needs more Hufflepuffs. Never undestood why people dislike being sorted in that House.

3 Likes

I’ve had people recognise my Slytherin scarf and say “ah yeah I can see how you’re a Slytherin–one of the nice ones!”

And I’m like…okay? We’re not an evil house people Sheesh :rofl:

1 Like

I have very few Gryffindor friends, because most of them are too something to me. :joy: I can count my Gryffindor friends with my one hand.

It’s an awful stereotype that we are mean. I mean I am, sometimes, but not all Slytherins. For most of us it’s just protective surface against all douches.

But yeah, Puffs are the best. Right after us. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I prefer to focus on the ambitious nature of our house, maybe some people misinterpret ambition for cold-hearted… :thinking:

1 Like

Another Slytherin here, at least according to all kind of sorting quizzes I’ve ever done. I’d like to be a Ravenclaw but then again I think I can see how I fit in the Slyherin so… guess I am Slytherin with some Ravenclaw traits then. :smile:

Kindness and loyalty of that house are good values but personally I just can’t stand yellow color so I’ve always wished that I wouldn’t be sorted into that house :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fair enough :laughing:

1 Like

When we first met, I thought you seemed like a Hufflepuff. :smile: You might be Slytherclaw! Like I am Slytherpuff, my secondary is Hufflepuff.

People dislike Puffs just because they barely had any big roles in the series. And people dislike us because we were shown a black and white bad.

3 Likes

Hi, everyone! I’m a Ravenclaw, but I thought, like several others here from different houses, that I’d stop by and say hello. (I read that the craftiest and most successful ventures are made by Slytherin/Ravenclaw friendships, so… :smirk:) Anyway, hi! (also both my sisters are Slytherins so I thought I’d better be nice to the other members of their house) So…hello! :wave:

3 Likes

I call Hufflepuff my heart house because I have the deepest fondness for it, and their colors are my favorite. Alas, I am a snake, and very happy and proud to be one. Most people I’m close to are badgers, though! Don’t know too many Slytherins. So hello, snekkies! :snake:

3 Likes

Everyone’s welcome to drop by here. Just… don’t mind the experiments done in here. I think there might be one or two potion experiments going on in one of the rooms. If you hear an explosion, it’s probably nothing to worry about.

Anyone want hot chocolate? There’s assortement of flavorored suryps, feel free to pick out your favorite(s) in your drink.

2 Likes

Thank you! Haha, there are always such things going on in the Ravenclaw common room :smirk: We’ve always got experiments and research projects going on, so there’re books and papers and random laboratory supplies lying around.

And yes! I’d love hot chocolate! I also brought some drink ingredients
puts Kuerig machine on counter with various coffee pods

Towers may involve a lot of stairs and my ex-broken leg doesn’t like stairs anymore.
I did miss the Slytherin Common Room though.

I am glad to be home, fellow snakes!

2 Likes