The Artist's Lounge

Welcome, fellow artisans! Step right in, plop down on one one of our (hypothetical) beanbags, and share your art pain!
Need help with your latest piece, want to complain about The Struggle with other artists, or find resources? This is the place for you!
Any and all mediums welcome!!

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Eowyn (well, that’s my nickname), and I like drawing (mostly people or landscapes). My art pains are that I can never make my people realistic or my animals look anything like animals. But other than that, I feel fine about my art. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Howdy, Eowyn! I’m Feather. I focus mainly on drawing as well- I enjoy cartoonish/anime styles. I’ve been known to leave much of my sketches as sketches, but I also use colored pencil, paint, and digital mediums to color. Ooo, and I adore ink and scratch art!
Would you like to share any of your art? :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe… I’m not that good, but I wouldn’t mind sharing a few pieces. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@WriterofNumenor I would love to see it! You’re always a bit better than you think you are.

2 Likes

Thanks. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Fish and I also like to draw. I don’t really use any social media or sharing page though, mostly I just show it to my friends online and keep the everything else to myself.
At the moment I’m drawing more digital art, I’m trying to come up with my own style which is going into the modern cartoon direction. I started out by drawing manga, in recent years I’ve gone a bit away from that. I do like to draw traditional as well, mostly with inks, pens and acrylic however I haven’t done that in quite a while :joy:

3 Likes

Hi friends!

I do a lot of different things, but right now I’m trying to learn how to effectively use watercolor paints!

1 Like

Hello all! I’m Luna, and I like to draw (mostly digitally). I do share my artwork online - mostly on DeviantArt and Toyhou.se.

For those who draw digitally, do you tend to use a tablet or a mouse/trackpad?

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:
I love to draw and illustrate, but more applicable to Nano, I love to make book covers. I don’t have any programs like photoshop or illustrator, but I use free programs like Gimp and Canva to make my amateur covers. I’m going to try to leave a gallery of some examples below in order to try out the new feature.

3 Likes

Hi, fellow artists. I’m Misto, and I like to draw as well, and make covers. I mostly draw traditionally these days. I mostly make covers for my own stuff. Right now I’m not really drawing anything specific. Well, I’m trying to design a superhero and I’m trying to get into drawing comics, but I have a lot of practicing to do.

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Etlu - also known as RachaelW. I’m a designer by profession, but spend a lot of my spare time drawing and related working on technical skills to improve my overall illustration.

Most of my work is digital - either with my trusty bamboo or my iPad Pro/Apple Pencil (although I’d love to try and get back into traditional painting).

I tend to lean more towards character design and food illustration, but try to keep my options open.

4 Likes

Tablets for me! I tried to do some stuff with a mouse recently, and I just wanted to pick up the mouse and hold it like a pen :rofl: But all the admiration to folk who use mice or trackpads for their art, that’s a skill in and of itself!

2 Likes