Swoon Reads: Write YA? Find out how to get a $10,000 publishing contract with Macmillan + Free writing advice from professional editors and authors

I’m pleased to announce that Swoon Reads is back with this special offer for 2019!
~Heather

Swoon Reads is an imprint of Macmillan, publishing the latest and greatest in YA fiction with the help of readers and writers like you. From heroic epics to all-the-feels romance and everything in-between: if our readers love it, we publish it! Submit your completed YA manuscript to be considered for a Macmillan publishing contract.

What are we looking for?

We’re looking for irresistible, unforgettable, original young adult fiction novels of any genre that have never been published before. If our community and editors fall in love with your book, you could land a publishing deal with Macmillan.

How does it work?

1. Writers share their original YA manuscripts on swoonreads.com
  2. The Swoon Reads community can read these manuscripts for free (even on the go with the Swoon Reads app), rate and share feedback.
  3. Our team of editors look at the manuscripts people are buzzing about
  4. We publish the books the community is excited about- this means if your book is selected you will be offered a $10,000 Macmillan publishing contract and your book will be for real ink-on-paper published. These titles are published traditionally alongside all other Macmillan Children’s books which includes editorial, sales, marketing and publicity teams backing your book.

I’m not finished writing my book. Is there anything for me?

Looking for advice and inspiration as you finish your novel? As you embark on your 50,000-word journey, we’re here to offer editorial advice and answer any questions you may have about writing or publishing in general. Check out our blog for free writing wisdom from editors and authors.

Have questions? Ask us in the comments below!

Happy Writing!

3 Likes