OA Reads: September (Good Omens)

On to one of my favourite books, Good Omens! I guess this month we can also compare with the show. Most of us didn’t see the film of the last book, I feel, but many are reading this one after watching the series so I feel like there is a lot to discuss there. :slight_smile:

Week One (1st-7th) : Reading / discussing November (some short stories?)
Week Two (8th-14th) : Reading / put up poll
Week three (15th-21st) : Reading / November decided, go find/get if desired.
Rest of the month : Finish reading by the 22nd, and discuss!

My roomie’s gonna be glad, lol. She’s been trying to get me to read this forever. My first Pratchett and my first Gaiman by the way!

1 Like

I am joining.I was going to read this book. The moment has come!

1 Like

Glad to have you on board! Some discussion also happens on the Discord, so if you’d like pop on in!

We haven’t really discussed what we want to read for November. Anyone have any preferences? I was thinking two or three short stories for people to go over. Thoughts?

As no one has mentioned a story in particular, I came up with a list of my own. I chose a handful of short stories that looked interesting, from the wonderfully free Project Gutenberg. This is what we have to choose from, for three short stories in November:

• Farcical History of Richard Greenow (in the collection Limbo), by Aldous Huxley
  • The Rajah’s Treasure (in the collection Thirty Strange Stories), by H.G. Wells
  • The Celestial Omnibus (in the collection The Celestial Omnibus and Other Stories), by E.M. Forster
  • Ghamba (in the collection Africa), by William Charles Scully
  • Abandoned (in the collection International Short Stories), by Guy de Maupassant
  • The Tall Woman (in the collection Stories by Foreign Authors: Spanish), by Pedro Antonio de Alarcon

0 voters

As no one has to worry about finding the stories, as I have the links for them all (if not, you can find it on Project Gutenberg), I’ll leave the poll open until the 21st.

Thank you for picking out different short stories!

How is everyone enjoying Good Omens? I think most of us have read it before, I’m not quite finished with it but will be soon. I have to say that I’m still finding it highly amusing.