Monster Hunter

Hey there!

This will be a place for Monster Hunter players (new and old) to come and chat about the lore of the Monster Hunter world, the monsters, favorite games, favorite weapons, achievements within each game, etc. As with all threads on this site, make sure to follow the rules laid out by the NaNo staff.

With that being said, what’re all the games you’ve played from the Monster Hunter franchise? What is your favorite monster(s), Elder Dragons or otherwise? What is your favorite weapon(s)? How long have you been a Monster Hunter player?

I’ve played Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Tri, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and Monster Hunter Generations. I started on Monster Hunter Tri, and only played Freedom years later.

What is your top Elder Dragon?

• Kushala Daora (and variant)
  • Teostra
  • Lunastra
  • Chameleos
  • Lao Shan Lung (and variant)
  • Yama Tsukami
  • Amatsumagatsuchi (Amatsu)
  • Ceadeus (and variant)
  • Jhen/Hallowed Jhen/Dahren Mohran
  • Valstrax
  • Dalamadur (and variant)
  • Gogmazios
  • Shagaru Magala
  • Nakarkos
  • Nergigante
  • Vaal Hazak
  • Xeno’jiiva
  • Zorah Magdaros
  • Kirin (and variant)

0 voters

Well, this became very long. I apologize. One last thing: I will be willing to play with others, where it’s possible, if anyone is in need of help.

Happy hunting,

Star Strider

I’ve played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (apsolutely loved the co-op and atmosphere of that one) and Monster Hunter World. I have never moved beyond the great sword and I tend to choose armor because it looks nice. In other words, I’m not great, but I have a good time. XD

1 Like

Yeah, 3U was great. I unfortunately had to mainly play solo in that game, as the 3DS doesn’t allow for online play (only local play), but I won’t complain about it. Out of the games I’ve played, that was my favorite one. I know the underwater mechanic isn’t very popular, but I prefer it over mounting. 4U’s mounting was OP, and made previously hard monsters, like Stygian Zinogre and Savage Deviljho, be a piece of cake. Plus, I find that I die more to the ledges and the height difference in 4U, and onward, more than I do underwater. I wouldn’t say I’m an expert like Cantaperme, Team Darkside, or some other speedrunners out there, but I’m not horrible either. I’ve soloed all the quests in 3U, save for some of the event quests, such as Clashing Fists, Descent into Hades, and Mountain in the Desert, among others.

In 3U, I main longsword (almost have 1000 uses with it on my current character) while using some of the other weapons for specific monsters (dualblades for Lucent, lance for the rare species of the Raths, etc.). In 4U and Gen, I main Insect Glaive basically with all quests, and rarely use other weapons. In Freedom, I used Great Sword, Sword and Shield, Dualblades, Lance, and Heavy Bowgun (that’s basically half of the weapons, btw :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I haven’t been able to play World as of yet, but if I ever do get the chance, I definitely will. That means that I can’t really say whether I like the Elder Dragons that were introduced in that game, but oh well. Just comes from not having a lot of money to buy a brand-new console.

1 Like