MLs, flair, sponsors, and more!

You may spot a few differences around the forums today! One is the addition of our brand-new, fresh-off-the-presses Sponsor Offers! You’ll find them here: #official-stuff:sponsor-offers

Some forums may start showing their sub-categories as boxes at the top of the forum. We’ll be experimenting with that site-wide, don’t be surprised if things change! You can see an example here in this forum.

You’ll start seeing flair on the avatars of a few people and special titles around the forums!

Gold trophies are MLs, and silver gems are sponsors. If you are an ML, hang tight, we’ll have an announcement about ML forums access and recognition soon. MLs you see now are ML-moderators helping me test the features!

And no, it’s not your imagination, the official changeover hasn’t happened yet. We’ve got a few things to take care of before we flip the switch. Announcements will be made when they’re ready! Soon now, very soon.

36 Likes

Odd question: What exactly is an ML? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ML: Municipal Liaison. We’re basically the people who organize local events like write-ins, kickoff parties, TGIO parties, local donations, regional word wars, and all that stuff. Basically, official volunteers in the regions. :smiley:

13 Likes

And suddenly everything makes SO much more sense :sweat_smile: thank you!!!

7 Likes

I’m going to drop this link here, just in case anyone else has “what does that mean?” questions too! NaNo Nomenclature

13 Likes

That was the type of link I was poking for, before my brain went :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: at me and I just scribbled the above out.

2 Likes

Don’t worry; it was also the exact link I was looking for before I gave up and just asked blatantly :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@TrudyG @WildEmbers Remember you can bookmark it, if that’s helpful! Also, it’s in the Newbie forum, which is maybe why it is harder to find :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Probably why I didn’t find it - I wasn’t looking in the old forums, I was looking the old main site. :smiley:

1 Like

You rock @Samma_Jaye!

1 Like

Oooh, stuff! Things! Exciting! :smile:

3 Likes

Ha, Drive by Linking…:link:

2 Likes

Starting to get real now.

1 Like

Bookmark? Oh, I found it, it’s under the dropdown “” icon.

3 Likes

Soon? AHHHHHHHHHHH.

1 Like

4 Likes

No more halos? :frowning: I’ll miss them

3 Likes

Of course we’ll have halos! Please understand that we’re releasing this one step at a time. The lack of an announcement on something doesn’t mean it’s gone forever!

9 Likes

ig I was just confused by “silver trophies for sponsors.” I think I confused that for donators in this instance.

1 Like

Yeah, silver trophies are specifically for the corporate donors who provide our special offers!

You can kinda see what the halos may look like in this screenshot from testing a while ago:

5 Likes