July: OA Camp Goals!

What’s my OA crowd planning for Camp?

I’m going for a smooth 100k. Which part of me wants to turn into a nice looking 101k for my palindrome pleasure. I’m also going to keep all of my words within a certain project. I do want to publish again before the end of the year, after all!

2 Likes

My goal is good old 50k, but it’s more like a minimum goal. I also hope to finish my project in July (and with it, also the trilogy I’ve been working on for the last few Camps and also last NaNo. Well at least, the writing part. Let’s not talk about editing this huge thing).

2 Likes

100k at least.

1 Like

New to discourse here. going for 30k I am. 1k a day is just about manageable for me while juggling childcare, and a family.

1 Like

Still working through my revision. I need to recalculate, not sure how many scenes or half scenes I need. Would like to do more, but also want to be reasonable. And I’ve been … so demotivated lately. Just in life in general. Apathetic, bored, deflated, not doing anything… I know I need to get out of it, but at the same time, I just don’t want to. At least that’s how I’m feeling today and the last few days. June started out well, but it’s just not going anywhere. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

1 Like

My goal for next month is set at 110k right now. I think that’s about as much as I’ll be able to do with other stuff going on in the summer, but part of me is still hoping to exceed it by at least a little bit, haha.

1 Like

I have editing to do. 50k at least, 100k would be better…

2 Likes

Hang in there. I know that exact feeling, where to get anything done you have to force yourself. Perhaps make a list of things to do (very bite sized) and just try to tackle one of those a day?

Or just take some time to do something else for you. Something relaxing and a bit self indulgent. I believe in you Raven. It is hard now, but we’ll get to better. :blue_heart:

1 Like

60k! (and preferably at least 7 chapters)

1 Like

Aw, thanks! Yeah, I’m going to see about doing ~1 scene a day. I think maybe having too low a goal is actually demotivating. So, I’m thinking of upping it and seeing how that works. But not changing my actual goal yet…

1 Like

I wanted to do a lot today, the last day of July, but don’t have the energy for it. And I’ve turned around on what I’m doing. Yes, I want to get to 100k, but I want to do it while trying for 3.3k each day. I should be able to do this. Everything is about ready and set up for it! :writing_hand:

My goal is 2 hours a day, in minutes, which should be doable, because even on busy days, I should have five minutes here and there.

3 Likes

I’m limping back into writing after two months of basically nothing. Fortunately, those two months were meant to be low word count months anyway, so I had a bit of a buffer, but I’m still about 30k behind quota for my Half MilWordY.

To compensate, I’m going over my original goal for this month. I had originally planned to do the standard 50k for Camp, which I’m raising to 100k instead to get back on track.

I have three projects I’m working on:

1. Outlining an epic fantasy
  2. First draft of a book for my business
  3. Second draft of the book I started during NaNo and finished in January/February

I had hoped to be able to narrow it down to two of those, but no matter which pair I chose, I felt like I was missing out on something cool, so now I’m going to split my time between all three projects.

I’m not entirely confident in that choice because I really like the promise of closure in a NaNo event (write to goal within time and be done with the project). I will probably finish the first draft project within July, but probably not the other two, and that feels a little unsatisfying. What may end up happening is that I finish the first draft project and then successfully choose between the outline or the second draft once I’ve put some work into both of them. 50k should get either of those projects where they’re going.

Or I may end up getting excited about all of my projects and exceeding my 100k goal, which would be lovely but I’m not expecting it.

My goal is 100k for the month, minimum of 1,667 per day, and all goals are cumulative between all three projects. No individual project goals at this point, although I expect those to develop as I go.

3 Likes

Day one has gone extraordinarily slow. Did I really do 30k in one day last year? Several times? Eh, it’s fine. Still, I did get to where I wanted to be today. Slowly be surely working on the actual project I want to be working on. I will take this success.

1 Like

I am working on my revision project, which I haven’t read since March.

You guys, this stuff is good! I am so excited <3

Slower progress with my first draft project, but that’s pretty normal. The intro sections are always weird for me.

2 Likes

Getting kind of a late start (well, technically I did start on Day 1, but I haven’t written since then), but my goal is 75K for July. Hoping to achieve the Insanity Challenge again to help me get there, because I’m actually pretty busy this month with family stuff, summer classes, and having some dental surgery, so, yay. Probably will be doing most of my writing in the latter half of the month, for sure.

1 Like

I started on time, but if you were to look at my graph it really does look like I’m getting a late start too! Have to remember we have plenty of month left, but not to let it fall to the last day for sure. We can do it! :writing_hand:

1 Like

After not writing for the past three days, I am getting back to business today. I’ve outlined my writing schedule for the rest of 2019 and I feel really confident with how much I can accomplish.

This afternoon, I’m working on revision notes for my July editing project and I just reached the halfway point in the book, yaaaay. I realized that even with nonfiction, it was dumb to just dive into chapter one and start editing each section individually before getting a bird’s eye view of the whole thing, so I’m working through the entire draft and making notes on what stays and what goes. I’ve also realized that I accidentally wrote two different books pretending to be one, so the revision process is going to involve a lot of splitting and re-categorizing. But overall, I’m happy with my progress so far, even if my wordcount chart looks kind of wonky.

2 Likes

Hey, everybody! waves

I’m pretending to do 50k but I’m probably going to get a lot closer to 100k. We’ll see. I’m not worried about the words so much as finishing the project. I don’t know why it always takes me so long to get with my OA peeps.

How’s everybody else doing?

2 Likes

I wanna get to 50k, but I’m super behind. I have an exam on Friday, so lots of studying…but after that, I’ll power through!

3 Likes