Image Galleries: A new toy for the artisans

I’m installing this on all available themes now that I think we’ve worked out the kinks! Please report if there are any issues here in this thread. .

I was thinking specifically about you guys for this one. This is a special theme component that allows you to create a tiled grid gallery for your artwork of more than 400 x 400 in size… Instructions on how it works can be found in the link below. (If an image is exactly 400 x 400, it doesn’t seem to render properly, I’ve included one below and it doesn’t show.)

water

I’ve also added this

water

I want to see how well it works for us before I add it to other themes! Give it a try on the default theme, and give me feedback here.

I tried to use one here: The Artist's Lounge
It looked great in the preview and now it’s not visible in the actual post (at least to me) Not sure what I did wrong.

EDIT: now that I went back to look again it is working great!

I LOVE this new feature. It’s going to be super helpful and it was super easy to utilize.

2 Likes

Awesomesauce! I think it may have a refresh-necessary thing going on. If it works well, I’ll add it to the other themes as well.

1 Like

Without even looking at how it works, it might need discourse to download the images to itself first? Usually happens a minute after posting.

2 Likes

I have resolved the issue! For this component to work, images included must be less than the defined limits for the forums. I’ve reset that to 400 x 400, so to use the tiles or slick galleries, you’ll need to use images of more than that for it to render properly, so this will be ideal for covers, wallpapers, and calendars. Smaller ones can just be posted directly for the same effect. Images of exactly 400 x 400 don’t work either, so that’s weird.

1 Like