Icons/Avatars

Hi friends! I’ve recently been having a lot of fun putting together icons. I thought it would be fun to make a thread offering to make icons for anyone who might want them.

I threw together a collage of some of what I’ve made, so you can get an idea of what my icons tend to look like. Typically, I make do with the best screencaps I can find and trim, then play around with them until I figure out a design I like. So, I’m making this thread in order to fill requests, but I can’t make any very specific promises about what I’ll come up with. I’ve never been very good at specifics.

At this point, I’m going to say I can take 10 requests this month. I may add more openings. So, drop a comment with the following info and I’ll get on it as soon as I can. :slight_smile:

Character(s) you want in the icon:
Visual elements you’d like to see:
Words/quote you want, if applicable:

I can do icons for pretty much whatever fandoms, but I’m also totally open to faceclaims of your own characters! (Actually, that would be super fun!) If you like the look of any of my examples and want something similar, you can reference it in your request and I’ll do my best to make something similar. Besides that, when I say “visual elements”, I mostly mean you can tell me if you want a specific color scheme, flowers or fireworks or some specific visual, or even a theme or vibe you’d like to go for. I only ask that you try to keep your requests fairly open, as I can only guarantee so much. If you have an idea of what you’d like and can explain it clearly, I can also make icons without any characters, such as just a quote over some trees or something.

I’ll get to any requests as soon as possible, and will contact you if there is any reason for a serious delay. I’m going to guess that you should be able to expect them within a week or less of making a request, at least as far as August goes. :smile:

4 Likes

So, these are pretty freaking cool, I have to admit. And I noticed you have a Lassiter icon from Psych? Hi, that’s cool. He’s my favorite from that show.

Anyway, I think I’d like an icon of my character Prentice Wollman from my book. His faceclaim is John Dickinson (PA) from the 1776 movie-musical (the one with Mr. Feeney as John Adams…)

As for visual elements, Prentice plays the piano, so maybe something like piano-y. (He’s also a bookkeeper, so I don’t know how that would factor in, but I supposed I would say it.)

Oh, the book/character is from the year 1776, so that… that would be good to say too.

Um, for quotes? Let me think.
“You were once that someone who I’d follow like a star.”

That’s a line from a song from a completely different musical, but shoot me, because it fits the theme of the book/how my other main character views Prentice.

I really hope you take on my character. I love your work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so I made two versions. I really hope you like them and that they’re anything like what you were hoping for. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My dude. My actual dude. I just happened to be on the page as I got the pictures and they are AMAZING! :smiley:

They are awesome! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I hope you get a lot more hits to your post! You do great work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! ^-^ You’re so sweet, and I’m so glad you’re happy with them!

Wow, these are so cool! I especially love the Carlton Lassiter icon. That’s great!

I’d really love to have an icon of my character Karah Morgen (my personal favorite original character. Ssh, don’t tell anyone!) if you have the time and inspiration. :smile:

Character(s) you want in the icon: Her face claim is Kaya Scodelario from the last Pirates of the Caribbean (Carina Smyth).
Visual elements you’d like to see: Hmm… I don’t really know. The story’s set in late 1600’s-ish. She’s a free-spirited navigator aboard a pirate ship and really enjoys astronomy. So, maybe charts/maps/stars/telescopes/pirate-things, for some ideas.
Words/quote you want, if applicable: Probably “A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor,” if you want to include a quote.

That’s all I have, haha. I hope at least some of that makes sense. Thanks for considering!

1 Like

These were so much fun to make! I’m partial to the second one, personally. But I had two ideas and thought I’d give you both options. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Agh, I love them both! They’re awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to do them.

1 Like

Character(s) you want in the icon: She actually looks a lot like Keisha Castle-Hughes, now that I think of it. :thinking:
Visual elements you’d like to see: The story is sort of dystopian, so that kind of look.
Words/quote you want, if applicable: “I just want to be left alone”

1 Like

You’re so welcome! :heart:

Is there a particular role/look of hers you’d prefer?

I’m not toooooo familiar with her roles, but from what I’ve been able to gather from teh google, similar to her look in Whale Rider, I guess?

1 Like

I don’t need an icon, but I wanted to say these are fantastic! Awesome work :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much! That’s so sweet of you! :blush:

2 Likes

I sort of went with almost opposite vibes here, so I’m you like one or both of them! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oooooh, that fire one is PERFECT!! :smiley:

1 Like

Actually I take that back, they’re both perfect in their own way.

1 Like