How do you like your coffee?

Since this is “The Coffeehouse,” I figured I’d make my first post by asking y’all how you like your coffee. Or tea, or hot chocolate, or whatever you like to drink.

I personally like sugary things, so hot chocolate is my go-to drink.

7 Likes

Black as midnight on a moonless night.

I used to like it with cocoa, sugar, and a lump of vanilla ice cream mixed in, but that got old, so now I just go with basic black.

5 Likes

Plain black. Preferably dark roast.

4 Likes

Medium or Light Roast, with cream (but no sugar). I’ve even got a brand I prefer when I brew it at home.

For my tea… it depends on the tea. Some of the teas I drink I like just straight with nothing in them, others need a bit of honey, and some need just a smidgen of milk. I’ve been told I can be a bit of a tea snob. :smirk:

2 Likes

Same here. I drink Community brand when I can get it. Kinda hard to get in the north and on the left coast, but it’s everywhere down south. Wonder if they’ll have it in New Jersey?

2 Likes

I burned myself out on coffee before my age reach the double digits. :slight_smile:

I mostly drink unsweetened iced tea, hot chocolate with nothing in it (preferably sugar free), or just plain old cold water. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m boring :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh yay, I’m not the only one who doesn’t drink coffee!

4 Likes

Depend on the weather. In the summer? Iced. Fall? with a little bit of cream and a little vanilla. Spring? Lots of cream and sugar unless it’s raining and then black.

3 Likes

Here’s the real question: Do you like pumpkin spice coffee? :jack_o_lantern:
(This is my mom’s favorite type.)

2 Likes

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT @ProfessorPi
Coffee should not come already ground. You lose all the flavor.

1 Like

It’s a special treat. You gotta treat yo self. @lup

Y’all: Is it okay to consume ground coffee?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

@ProfessorPi
tenor

5 Likes

Ack! But I could get behind hazelnut.

1 Like

Acceptable. I can roll with this.

2 Likes

I usually go with black coffee with spoonful after spoonful of sugar. I call it my hummingbird juice, haha. (pure bean flavored sugar water)

3 Likes

My husband introduced me to Cafe au Lait after a trip to New Orleans last year, and I’m officially addicted to it, especially with proper french roast coffee.

2 Likes

Growing up in south Louisiana, we got that as kids. We called it “coffeemilk,” and it was usually made with cold milk, but mom would sometimes heat the milk up, and that made it especially good!

2 Likes

In Rhode Island, they have coffee syrup that they pour into milk to make coffee milk. It’s real good!

2 Likes

I only drink coffee during NaNo. I actually bought an Aeropress for making coffee at my writing desk. That device is fast and awesome and makes the best coffee I’ve tasted. Of course, good beans help. German coffees (Tschibo) are my faves.

When I do drink coffee, I prefer it to be pale and sweet. And not often flavored, but when I do flavor it, I like to use chai spices or earl grey teabags to enhance the flavor.

Isn’t it odd how you can improve coffee with tea, but tea is ruined if you add coffee to it?

2 Likes

My girlfriend doesn’t like hot, hot coffee, so I make coffeecubes for her–just coffee frozen in an icecube tray. Our pot takes 3 level scoops of ground coffee for 12 cups, so I use heaping scoops of Community brand, Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, and plain old Maxwell House. I put a sprinkle of ground espresso over that, along with a pinch of baker’s cocoa. Makes about 4 trays of cubes.

Adds a little oomph! and yum! to each cup.

3 Likes