Feedback/Question: Muting Categories

Hello! I muted a couple categories (Regions, Find Your Crew), and was surprised to see that they took the categories away entirely. I’d like to still be able to go in, but to not have them show up in New all the time. I’m not super familiar with Discourse, is there a way to set things so that can happen? Or is muting an all or nothing kind of setting?

Second, even though I have Regions muted, I’m still seeing them pop up in New. Am I misunderstanding how muting works?

2 Likes

Might want to double-check that Regions is muted. Diversions and Procrastinations has changed from muted to watched on its own for me… twice.

1 Like

They don’t appear with the rest of the Categories, and in my profile they are listed as muted. But posts from a Finland Region showed up in new for me still.

1 Like

You have to mute the subcategories separately from the Parent.

This message I posted earlier explains that behavior.

As far as the muting hiding top level categories, that can’t be changed unfortunately.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. We Finns are like the Spanish inquisition.

(and sorry, I have no idea what’s wrong with muting, and honestly, a regional should not be in latest list unless you are actively following it.)

1 Like