Dismissing Notifications Deleting Messages

How do I dismiss notifications? I see a Dismiss All button, but it greyed out and won’t work, and I can’t see how to dismiss them individually.

Also, how to delete messages. I got a couple system messages and couldn’t delete then, so I removed myself. That got rid of the message in my inbox, but not the notification - and I still don’t see how to just delete a message.

You can’t delete PMs completely, you can only archive them to remove them from your inbox.

If the Dismiss All button is disabled the system thinks all of your notifications have been read. If that’s not the case, when you get a new notification, immediately click the “Dismiss” button on the avatar menu and it should get things back in sync.

Thanks!

Yes, the Notifications have been read - which is why I want to get rid of them.

Ah, that’s not something you can do. I misunderstood what you were asking because there’s a bug that can make notifications get stuck in the unread state but the system also thinks they’re read.

They do eventually disappear, but I don’t remember the exact amount of time off the top of my head. I know it’s something really high like 6 months.

Ok. Thanks so much for the help and answers.